So after reading Dan's latest post I had to reply regarding his PMT moment over the gorgeous mouthwatering food which is Baked Beans.
He says
"Nothing on Earth is as mouth-watering as the smell of a cooked breakfast. Bacon sizzling under the grill; hot, plump sausages baking in the oven; the warm, nutty aroma of bread frying."Okay I heartly agree with this. The English breakfast is a great thing, and I aim to have one once a week, okay I don't cook it and pay for it in the towns local cafe but still, its something I love to enjoy. Before I started talking to Dan via the means of twitter I knew one person of the "beans allergy's" and he just doesn't like them. Its fair enough, for some reason I don't want to defend my cause like Phoenix Wright and yell OBJECTION across the table and point straight at his face as I spew constant text about why he should eat the beans. Yet with Dan I seem to have to plead their cause.
He goes on..
"The English Breakfast is an absolute treat for the senses and if there's one thing that can ruin it in a bloody heartbeat, it's the addition of a big wet puddle of baked beans"*puts hand up* woah woah woah their sailor! They ruin a breakfast?! In my case to your damnation against the Heinz kind I have to disagree here. Beans are very tasty. So tasty in fact I love how the juice oozes across the plate, and allowing me to dip my butter moist toast in it and soak it up before seductively talking a bite out of it. Thinking of it now makes me want it!
He continues....
"The cheap, sweet juice gets over everything and instantly taints the flavour of every other item on the plate. Baked beans are, quite frankly, an abomination and I despise them. The way they look, the way they taste, the way they smell - nothing about them is good and they make me very angry indeed."
Sorry Dan, The true devil of the breakfast world is the spawn of Satan themselves! Mushrooms
My love hate.... sorry, my HATE relationship with them started when I first started going to the local wetherspoons for meals with either my dad on a bonding session or whenever my mum comes down for a visit, which is about 4 times or so a year. I love the gammon in there. The gammon steak with garden peas, chips is just lush. I know its mostly microwaved meals and quick stuff, but its my favourite in those establishments so I normally go for this. Now this comes (or used to, its been a while) with a mushroom. Whenever I would visit the counter I would announce that I want NO mushrooms, even sometimes stating I was allergic to them to make crystal clear they would not come on my plate. What I hate about them is the fact they spread this black/brown watery puss over the plate and onto over delicious items on my plate. Staining the Chips and possessing them, thus blackening their soul with their soggy diarrhoea! Mushrooms are horrid vile things Yuk!
I know no two people will agree with everything, but I must fight
!BEAN POWER!
Source: http://blogeternaldisappointment.blogspot.com/2010/01/2010-new-year-same-disappointment.html
Now, Lee, you're simply consuming your mushrooms at the wrong venues.
ReplyDeleteFried mushrooms, brown and tasty, are a bloody treat. They should NEVER be leaking fluids over the plate. I think that your choice of eating establishment is to blame more than anything else.
And as for beans - I stand by my comment. They are pikey food for riff-raff, ne'er-do-wells and other assorted oiks whose palates have been ruined by Pot Noodles and Turkey Twizzlers.
Now, let us not speak of this matter again. I am right, you are wrong.
:oD