Distance + Lee = hashtag win
Distance and I, have gone together for a long time now. We are like Peas and Carrots, Burgers and Fries, Forrest and Jenny.
Since my Mum took off (harsh I know) and departed for the beautiful Teeside area (sorry folks but its not) when I was 13 years old, traveling has come the norm. Long travel as well. 3 and a half hours to get there from my home to visit there. It wouldn't happen much but I went up there at least once a year. Normally Mum would come here and visit me.
So about 6 years ago I took on a new job role in Homebase as part of the refit team. We would travel from place to place all over the whole of the country. It originally was only suppose to be helping one store out locally, but turned into a full time thing. So where I had never been to Scotland, Ireland and Wales, I managed to visit all of them in the space of 4 months. Pretty cool. The lifestyle wasn't great at times. I lost touch with a lot of my friends due to being away 5 days of the week. Weekends were my time to chill out at home and do nothing. When living at a hotel 5 nights, you tend to work longer hours. 12 hour days were normal daily routines for me during those times. Then back to the hotel for food and beers. I have never eaten so well. We had daily allowances so you could definitely get lunch, and 3 courses in a evening meal. I do blame this for my slight beer belly now, but if I had never of done this lifestyle I wouldn't have some of the great memories and times I had.
I won't go to far into it but I will pick a few things out of it to just talk about why I am focusing about Distance, because I am kinda trying to link it back to it ultimately being involved with me.
So when I used to go up to my mum's I started seeing a girl up there. It was hard as being 16 and only seeing this girl 4 times a year, its not going to work. It was more a lust thing. Just wanted to get my end away like the typical hot blooded teenager I was. Never happened though obviously, distance there was the winner.
It was a long time after until I met OL (don't want her being branded here, and will spare her innocence) It was the first time that a girl has expressed interest in me, before it was all me trying and asking the girls out. Okay maybe not all her, I did my part too, but basically it wasn't too be. Will still chat now and stuff, but never will it go further than friends.
I have also had another girlfriend from parts unknown. Again it was a distance thing, but due to money at the time I couldn't afford to keep it on. Something that makes me laugh is that I can't seem to find anything local at all. If I find an interest, it normally fucks up as soon as it gets past the "curious" stage.
Even half my friends need traveling to Northampton being on, out of town areas etc. Don't get me wrong, I do have family and friends in my hometown, but the percentage of people out of town and around the country totally outweighs the people in town.
With my current job I am still traveling a hour at average there and a hour back.
So to stop this meaningless ramble of a blog post as my brain is like mashed potato due to tiredness. Distance and me just gel!
Saturday, 30 January 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment