Sunday, 22 August 2010

The Expendables

So... I must admit when I went into this film I was expecting much, and you shouldn't too. For those of you who went out and saw Stallone bring Rambo back will definatley know what to expect. Though this time they turn the dial to 11. and they do it in classic action film style!

Now everyone has seen the adverts showing the cast. Yes it is pretty awesome and alot of different faces on show, which is a great thing to do. We always would love to see all these action heros together. I remember when Face/Off came out. Seeing just Travolta and Cage in a film was pretty epic. Here we have a massive all star cast of old and new action stars, and I love how Stallone is showing that amongst the new guys of Li, Statham and Austin, you have a Stallone, a Rouke and a Lundgren. And I will stop there to say I was smiling in my seat seeing the reunion of Rocky IV on my screen! :D

The story and plot is not that original, but really its not expected with the cast on offer, the one part of the trailer everyone saw was the return of Arnold "Arnie" Schwarzenegger to the big screen. Now to cut you short it is only a 5 minute scene. He only does a bit of talking. Though to see him share with Stallone and Willis it is a fun scene, and there is some great banter. You can tell that Arnie hasn't been in the game for a while, and I hope his govenor job comes to a end soon cause it would be great to see him return to where he should be.

So to finish up, all in all its great fun, lots of bad ass killing and over the top ridiculous action and big explosions that engulf and envolpe everything. Just don't go expecting an Oscar nominated film, just go enjoy yourself, have a good time laughing out loud.

All I got to ask. Whens the sequel?

No comments:

Post a Comment